Make it happen

Make it happen







Thro my eyes







Friday 22 July 2011

Why and why now?

We all would have had days like that, waking up and feeling a strange disorientation, looking back at life and feeling a sudden disengagement and you realise that you have done so many things to make others happy, been a dutiful daughter, a loving wife and mother, a sincere employee but how many seconds of those millions have you spared doing something for yourself.
Call it a premature mid-life crisis of sorts(35 next year and dreading it) or a sudden self-realisation moment that I often read about in yogic experiences but something has changed in me. I now know I need to give something back to the world not just for myself but by bringing a small smile to your face or a fresh tear to your eyes, I would have shared that tiniest of moments in your life and that's more than I could ever ask for.
Believe me when I say I have had my fair share of craziness, highs and lows, moments when the bleakness over took with no solace, and moments when the joy of life was restored with such passion it can blind like the first rays of the sun after a long dark night. Have you ever experienced the sheer bliss of seeing a sunrise when it feels like the world has just been laundered and rearing to go or have you felt that sudden sadness and retrospection engulf you as the sun disappears with a flash of orange and red at sundown on the beach. Isn't that what life is about though, living through each experience good or bad and living it fully without losing yourself? My dad used to say to me often "I believe in optimism because there is nothing in anything else". He is sadly no longer around but his words live on in me and I can only hope that my words will touch your lives too in someway.
Hey don't get me wrong, my work isn't all about self realisation or a bible for life as it were, it's more about making sense of the world around me with plenty of humour blended in for good measure. As you can see I do love my poetry and romantic metaphors but just humor me on that one. After all what is life without laughter and love?
I know it's probably cliched but I'm going to say it anyway - It's not about where we come from or where we are going, its all about the ride. So join me.

3 comments:

  1. Very glad you've found a vent for your thoughts. Enjoy the ride. I hope to do the same sometime!

    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I believe in optimism, because there is nothing in everything else" - thats a quote I'll carry with me!

    ReplyDelete