Make it happen

Make it happen







Thro my eyes







Sunday 31 July 2011

Brand you

Went outlet shopping the other day. Am no fashion fanatic but I do love my clothes and dressing up. If you have bags of energy and are ready to rummage around dozens of shops, yes a great day out for everyone. Although I would suggest not to go with the kids - my son claims it was the worst day ever and he would rather take a nap than ever do that again and that's saying a  lot
Go alone. Cause they are all there to keep you company Prada, DKNY, Jimmy Choo, Roberto Cavalli , Ralph Lauren, Diesel, Missoni et al. Designer Dreamland! I would probably never ever wear most of their stuff - too outrageous and just not me, yeah as if that's the only reason I wouldn't wear them - conveniently ignoring the fact that I can't afford most of the stuff anyway but we are talking rhetorically here so humour me.
But one has to admire the marriage of good quality cloth - mostly Italian I'm told , the working of someones' imagination and the skillful artistry of tailoring and hey ho! people go gaga over them. I can understand why though everyone likes to feel one of a kind and when you wear designer you are precisely that - one of a kind(now what kind exactly is up for grabs!) and it does make you feel special and your husband, well he probably feels not so special but again ignoring reality let's carry on strolling though fashion heaven.
But what these places do really well is introduce you to the latest trends and set your imagination working. You are armed then to mix and match pieces which suit your needs, and your wallet of course, to create a brand that's unique to you. Brand you!
So for just one day let's forget what the critics say or how superficial it is touted to be, every woman deserves a day of shopping where it's just about her. We can save the world tomorrow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBrbpWwWafQ&feature=fvwrel

No comments:

Post a Comment