Make it happen

Make it happen







Thro my eyes







Thursday 8 September 2011

10 years on....

and I still get goose bumps when I think about it. September 11, 2001, I was flying to India. In my third trimester with my son our plane had been one of the last ones to take off from Heathrow before the world changed forever.


While growing up I have lived in several places owing to dad's work but like any Indian of that time, always dreamed that someday I would go to America. And one of the most vivid elements of those dreams was the New York skyline and most of all the twin towers. Mere structures of steel and iron, it's what they symbolised that we lost that dreadful day  - freedom. We were rudely awaken from the dream, such acts can't happen in the modern world.  A new reality dawned on us that yes we had to understand what was happening and  No burying our head in the sand  was not going to work anymore.
Thousands of lives were lost that day and none of those people had a clue what hit them. The enemy was unknown, the cause plagiarised and what good came from it?  The reaction that reverberated was even more befuddling - more wars and lost causes. Diplomacy and politics are lost on me but as Joe Bloggs I know something is wrong with the whole system. There must be another way to make this work. We are all humans at the end of the day, the same tears, the same laughs, surely that can be driven home.
When we look back on these 10 years, what strikes out is that terror once sown into our minds only festers and multiplies. And no amount of wars or vivid scenes of retribution can heal a wound. If at all anything only peace can ease a troubled soul.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xB4dbdNSXY

No comments:

Post a Comment